Privacy & Security Policies
Our secure server uses advanced encryption and firewall technology to keep your personal information private. Our secure server layer (SSL) software completely encrypts the information you input so that it cannot be read as it travels to our ordering system. We have extremely strong security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information while it is in our control.
- What information is collected by BOMI
- How we may use and share information
- How we protect the information
- How you may contact BOMI
BOMI POINTS OF CONTACT The BOMI points of contact include, but are not limited to:
- BOMI stores, our merchandise sales website www.blackwing.com , BOMI customer service line for ordering products, and communications with BOMI customer relations department;
- Any other website or on-line service that may be provided from time to time by BOMI.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT? Consumer Information We receive and may keep information voluntarily given to us when you decided to make a purchase, register on our BOMI website, take part in a special promotion, or provide any other information or unique preferences to better serve you. This information may include:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Date of birth
- Your e-mail address
- Proof of your identity
- Any other information that BOMI may voluntarily collect from you from time to time on its website or through alternate means. It might also include information you provide us about other people. For example, you may provide us with some of the same information as above (name and address) for a merchandise gift recipient. When you provide us with personal information about the intended recipient of a shipment, we use that information for the purposes of processing the shipment and, in some cases, to communicate with the intended recipient to provide information pertaining to the status of the shipment. We rely on you to obtain the intended recipient's consent to our use of their personal information for these limited purposes.
- Provide you with timely and reliable fulfillment of requests
- Do all things necessary to administer those services
- Deliver merchandise and services that you purchase online
- Facilitate payment for your purchases
- Confirm your orders and delivery information
- Respond to your customer service inquiries or requests
- Communicate offers, benefits and featured items to you
- Administer giveaways, contests, birthday programs and similar promotions
- Find and stock the products you want
- Customize your shopping experience and other uses as determined by BMOI
Outside Blackwing Ostrich Meats Inc. (BOMI) Certain business services are performed on BOMI s behalf and at BOMI 's request by other companies. We may share your information with selected vendors that perform services for BOMI or to others for other marketing purposes. To perform these services, these companies may, at times, utilize some of the information you have provided BOMI. This information is used for the purposes BOMI has requested such as maintaining our database, administering and monitoring e-mails, and contest administration. We may also share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when (1) permitted or required by law, or (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions, or (3) investigating fraud that has already taken place. In addition, BOMI reserves the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so. In all cases, this information is not provided to these entities for purposes of marketing to a BOMI customer. Retention of Personal Information BOMI retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after any termination of our relationship with you. Right to Transfer BOMI also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including, but not limited to, liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of BOMI or of any of the business, assets or shares of BOMI or a division thereof. BOMI may decide to retain a copy of the information after the sale or transfer for any use. MISCELLANEOUS Our Policy on gathering information from and communicating with children online We recognize the unique privacy concerns regarding children. Pursuant to COPPA guidelines, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, please contact us by email or at the address listed above, and we will remove the information about the individual from our marketing database. Our Commitment to Data Security BOMI makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. BOMI uses industry standard security techniques on our websites to help protect against the loss, misuse or modification of information that you have provided. When you access your personal information or transmit personally identifiable data to us, that information is stored on servers that we have used commercially reasonable efforts to protect from unauthorized access or intrusion. While we implement the above security measures, you should be aware that 100% security is not possible. Know How to Identify Blackwing Ostrich Meats (BOMI) Email To help you protect your information, we will never ask for the following:
- We will never send you an email asking you to verify financial account or credit card account information.
- We will never send you an email requesting personal information such as passwords, social security number, driver's license number or your mother's maiden name.
- We will never send you an email that threatens to terminate your account.