Wholey prides itself in offering the best quality shrimp available through extensive sustainable practices.
Our BAP 4 Star Certified Wholey Shrimp
Hatcheries, feed mills, farms, & factory are BAP certified. This puts our shrimp in an elite class as its one of the few companies procuring from South East Asia to have BAP 4 STAR certification partners.
We ensure all raw procured materials are sourced responsibly from farms that use the best sustainable practices during the entire growth to harvest cycle.
Stringent Quality Control measures at both farm & factory level by implementing an ELISA testing program to ensure no use of any banned antibiotics/substances in any of its raw material.
(The purpose of an ELISA is to determine if a particular protein is present in a sample and if so, how much. There are two main variations on this method: you can determine how much antibody is in a sample, or you can determine how much protein is bound by an antibody. The distinction is whether you are trying to quantify an antibody or some other protein)
Our farms and processors all work closely with several NGOs such as IDH, WWF, & ASC to create better sustainability for aquaculture, and responsible social & labor practices in Asia.
(NGO: A non-governmental organization (NGO) is any non-profit, voluntary citizens' group which is organized on a local, national or international level)
Ongoing annual social audits for its workers & staff with the objective to ensure high levels of employee satisfaction & morale.
Wholey's partners operate a privately owned temperature controlled fleet for transportation of its raw & final material throughout the entire chain of custody.
Our cooked product has adopted the "FCC" (Force Convection Cooking) technology vs. conventional steam & water cooking technology.
Benefits of FCC include:
We use rainfall impingement chilling technology that rapidly arrests the cooking process (at its optimal temperature) which prevents over-cooking & avoids bacterial formation.
- Enhanced flavor.
- Enhanced texture.
- Better color.
- Improved overall composition.
Freezing & temperature control measures include:
- Ensuring proper icing at all stages of production
- Controlled optimal freezing using the best available technology which prevents dehydration and freezer burn.
- Strictly uses 'Corrugated Containers' for shipment to further avoid dehydration & freezer burn.
VERY IMPORTANT: TPC levels (Total Plate Count) are far below industry standards.
Standard acceptable industry TPC levels:
- Cooked Shrimp: < 100,000 CFU
- Raw Shrimp: < 500,000 CFU
Our standard TPC levels:
- Cooked Shrimp: ~ 10,000 CFU.
- Raw Shrimp: ~ 50,000 CFU.
- Organoleptic sampling at 30 minute intervals during a production shift. (Organioleptic: being, affecting, or relating to qualities (as taste, color, odor, and feel) of a substance that stimulate the sense organs)
- Online & offline Q.C/Q.A with immediate system updates which is available to customers.
- Lot wise traceability control over the entire supply chain from farm to fork
- Container & P.O. wise traceability reports available for the life of the product.
- In house state-of-the-art laboratory for all tests & sampling prior to shipping.