Walnut Burger Lasagna
- Prepare your favorite Marinara Sauce
- 8-10 Lasagna Noodles, cooked
- 3 cups small curd Cottage Cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (10 oz) box thawed and well-drained chopped spinach (or fresh, if available)
- 12-16 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 4 thawed Walnut Burgers mixed with 2 tablespoons lightly chopped fennel and 1/4-1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) red pepper flakes
Preparation: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare lasagna noodles following package directions. When al dente, drain and let cool a bit before assembling lasagna. While noodles are cooking, saute Walnut Burger in a lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium heat. Walnut burger mix should be scooped into pan in small bite-sized pieces. Turn frequently and cook until it is lightly browned and firm (similar to browned ground beef).
In a separate bowl, mix cottage cheese, eggs, salt and pepper, parsley, spinach and Parmesan cheese thoroughly.
Layer 1/2 lasagna noodles in an oiled pyrex pan. Layer 1/2 cottage cheese mixture over noodles. Layer walnut burger crumbles over cottage cheese. Layer Mozzarella cheese over walnut burger, and top with half of your favorite marinara sauce.
Repeat layering process one more time to finish.
Cooking: Bake in a 375 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes or until sauce bubbles around sides of pan.
Serving: Let cool a bit before cutting.