Stuffed Walnut Burger Peppers
- 3 Bell Peppers (halved, with seeds and stem removed)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 medium Yellow Onion
- Browned Walnut Burger (4 patties)
- 1 cup cooked Red Quinoa
- 6 oz Baby Portabella Mushrooms (sliced)
- 24 oz Vodka Sauce (or tomato sauce of choice)
- 4 oz Shredded Cheese (Provolone, Parmesan, Mozzarella, or Romano)
Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x15 glass baking dish with non-stick oil. Place the cleaned peppers open side up in the pan.
Cooking: In a large non-stick pan, saute the garlic and onion in extra-virgin olive oil. Add mushrooms and then add crumbled Walnut Burger patties until browned. Add 1 cup of cooked quinoa and mix in Vodka Sauce as well. Stuff the prepared peppers with the mix, until they are overflowing. Top with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. *Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for an extra kick.