Stuffed Chicken Breast
Description: Chicken Breasts stuffed with Wild Boar Italian Sausage and Spinach
- 4 Organic Skinless/Boneless Chicken Breast Halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- 12 oz Package of 6-2oz links of Wild Boar Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) Package Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Pinch Ground Black Pepper
Preparation: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Place spinach in a large glass bowl, heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every minute or so. Stir in sour cream, pepper jack cheese and garlic.
Cooking: Melt 1 teaspoon of unsalted organic butter or grapeseed oil in a skillet on medium heat. Place the 6 Wild Boar Italian Sausage links into the skillet; sear 2 minutes a side. Cut links into small quarter-like pieces. Lay the chicken breasts out on a clean surface, make a small incision (cut) half way through the center part of the chicken breast creating a small pocket. Spoon some of the spinach with the Wild Boar Italian Sausage mixture onto each one. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Increase heat to 500 degrees F for an additional 5 minutes to brown.