Garlic Pork Tenderloin
Description: Easy pork tenderloin recipe adds extraordinary flavor to Blackwing's succulent Organic pork tendeloin.
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons organic sweet butter or grape seed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (or ground allspice)
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium cloves garlic , peeled and cut into slivers
- 1 pork tenderloin , (about 1.5 pounds), tenderloin tied with kitchen twine in tight cylinder( use double knots to secure pieces of kitchen twine at 1 1/2-inch intervals) and dried with paper towels
Preparation: Mix thyme, cloves or allspice, salt, and pepper. Melt sweet butter or use grape seed oil and glaze (pour evenly over the the tenderloin ) Coat garlic slivers in spice mixture. Poke slits in roast with point of paring knife; insert garlic slivers. Rub remaining spice mixture onto meat. Wrap roast in foil; refrigerate 2 to 24 hours (can be refrigerated up to three days).
ALTERNATE PREPARATION - QUICK & EASY METHOD - Instead of preparing the above detailed ingredients, simply marinate the roast for 12-24 hrs using our Blackwing Signature Sauce.
Cooking: - Adjust oven rack to center position and heat to 475 degrees. Take meat directly from refrigerator, remove foil, and place on cake rack set in shallow roasting pan. Roast exactly 30 minutes. - Remove meat from oven; immediately reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Insert instant-read meat thermometer at one end of roast, going into the center (temperature will range from 80 to 110 degrees); uncovered, return meat to oven, and roast until meat thermometer reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees, 15 to 30 minutes longer.
Serving: Let roast stand at room temperature. The temperature should register between 150 and 155 degrees.) Slice meat thin and serve.