Brasco Broth (with chicken feet)
Description: This recipe is referenced by the book "Restoring Your Digestive Health".
Servings: 3 Quarts
- 3 Qts. Filtered Water
- 1 Tblsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4-6 Tblsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Organic, Free-range or Kosher Whole Chicken, Cleaned and Cut into pieces (If you wish, you can substitute beef or another type of poultry for the chicken.)
- 2-4 Chicken Feet
- 8 Organic Carrots, Sliced
- 6 Stalks of Organic Celery, Sliced
- 2-4 Organic Zucchinis, Sliced
- 3 Medium-Sized Organic White or Yellow Onions, Peeled and Diced
- 4 Inches Ginger, Grated
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Peeled and Diced (Omit if you have upper GI problems or severe heartburn.)
- 2-4 Tblsp. Moist High-Mineral Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 Large Bunch Of Parsley
Preparation: Place the filtered water in a large stainless steel pot, add the structured water additive and apple cider vinegar, and let stand for 10 minutes. Add the oil, chicken, chicken feet, vegetables, ginger, garlic, and sea salt; and bring to a boil over high heat.
Cooking: Let boil for 60 seconds, then lower the heat and simmer for 12 to 24 hours. About 30 minutes before removing soup from the heat, add the parsley. Remove the soup from the heat. Remove and discard the chicken feet. Remove the chicken meat from the bones; place the chicken meat back in the soup and discard the bones.
Serving: Ladel into soup bowls and serve hot. For acute situations with high inflammation, allow the soup to cool, then puree it in batches in a high-powered blender or food processor. Some people with extremely severe conditions may want to discard the chicken and vegetables and consume only the broth.